Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Oh to Raid Again

Traveler, by Greg Weisman, was a quick read, this novelization of World of Warcraft brought back memories of playing the game. Aramar Thorne, the son of a privateer, finds himself in an adventure that lands him in Feralas, the Thousand Needles, captured by Gordunni ogres, fighting pirates, making friends with a Murloc, Gnoll, Kaldorei, and Wyvern. The story left me hanging at the end, which I am sure will be continued in a future release, as well as wondering if his father, Greydon, is still alive.

Even though it was published by Scholastic and written for young readers, the story brought to life the World of Warcraft, relieving memories of playing the game.  It is important for novelizations to stay true to the game, and this novel did.  

I also enjoyed the sketches done by Aram that laced the book with visuals for the reader.  I await the writing of a sequel, though I have not found it on any website, nor is there a forthcoming review of it.  One of my favorite sketches was of the wyvern One-Eye and her cubs.

The memories relived made me want to take up the game again, even though it took up so much of my time when I played it.  I had made friends, joined quests, and raided with my guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment