Monday, July 31, 2017

When Everyone Knows But You

Have you ever read a book, finished it, and as you close it say, "that was a good book!" That is what I did with Whatever.: or how junior year became totally f$@ked, by S. J. Goslee. Mike Tate is a confused junior in high school. Confused about life, confused about his friends, and confused about who he is attracted to. He starts out in a relationship with Lisa Viking, but does not end up with her. I am not going to spoil any of the surprises and twists, so I will simply say this was a wonderfully fun book to read. We get inside Mike's head (which is a typical high school junior boy) and learn all sorts of wonderful things about his life, his wonderful and eccentric family (I love Rosie and his Nana), and his quirky friends. I enjoyed the unique names such as Rook, Cam, and Serge, making these characters stand out more. The ending was what I expected and wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment